I recently had the opportunity to partner with this trendy new athleisure brand as they prepared for their launch date today! FIT & Flirty’s founder, Anna, is a fellow Sweat Pink sister, a fitness fanatic, and is all about helping everyone to live their best life. Keep reading to find out more about her new line (there may be a discount code included too)!
About FIT & Flirty
FIT & Flirty is a chic athleisure brand created to celebrate fitness fanatics and champagne lovers through a collection of bubbly, athletic inspired designs.
Every fitness journey is something to be proud of and we need to celebrate that more often because we’re awesome! We can live a healthy lifestyle with a clean diet while also still enjoying a glass of champagne (or maybe a beer, though I do enjoy poppin’ champagne)! This is what FIT & Flirty is all about and I can definitely get behind that.
FIT & Flirty is launching with six different designs or mantras, there is a little something for everyone. I personally went with the Weekends are for Leggings, Running & Champagne Poppin’ racerback tank because it spoke to me. The designs are also available in a tri-blend tee, boyfriend t-shirt, crop top and cap sleeve shirt. Links to each of the designs are below or check out the slideshow for pictures!
Today is the first day of their launch so head over to their website, check them out and show them some love. Then, if you find something you love (which I know you all will), use code SWEATPINK5 to save 15% off your purchase – valid until September 15, 2018.
It’s official. I am starting the new year with an injury. It can only go up from here, right? Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely hate being injured and not being able to run. Yet I also love how being injured forces me to hit a reset button and focus on cross-training. When it comes to cross-training, I usually choose to swim or cycle. I have never enjoyed exercising on the elliptical but it is time for a change.
Let’s get straight to it. These are my favorite hard effort elliptical workouts to keep us runners in shape.
Speed & Resistance
- 10:00 warmup
- 10:00 medium effort (4-5 resistance)
- 2:00 active recovery (1-2 resistance)
- 10:00 hard effort (6-8 resistance)
- 2:00 active recovery (1-2 resistance)
- 2×5:00 hard effort with 1:00 active recovery
- 10:00 cooldown.
- 10:00 warmup
- 5:00 resistance level 1
- 5:00 resistance level 2
- 5:00 resistance level 3
- 5:00 resistance level 4
- 5:00 resistance level 5
- 5:00 resistance level 6
- 2:00 resistance level 7
- 10:00 cooldown
Disclaimer: I was one of 100 influencers selected through Fit Approach/Sweat Pink to test these socks out and share my experience (always honest though!).
Make sure you keep reading for details on my giveaway to find out how you can win a pair.
Who is Tabio?
Tabio makes “the highest quality socks in Japan” and are officially sold in the US as of this fall. I should also mention that their socks are used by many elite and Olympic athletes!
So Many Choices!
When it comes to sports socks, Tabio offers five choices. When comparing high-quality sports socks, Tabio definitely has some of the best prices that I’ve seen across the board. (P.S. They also offer really trendy ‘every day’ socks!)
- Ultra-light Compression – $30
- Ultra-light Compression Knee – $35
- Signature Run Toe – $25
- Signature Run – $25
- Trailblazer – $30
Lucky me, I got to try out a pair of the Trailblazer sock. For starters, the design is SLEEK! I absolutely love the look and feel of this sock – the toes spell out “TRAIL”. There were a couple of features that I was not used to: non-slip grip, toes and thickness. The non-slip grip and toes were pretty cool and although the socks are thicker than most socks that I wear, its two-layer design is worth it when you are running trails. The inside layer is made of wool to wick moisture and outside layer is made of water-resistant polyester/nylon for durability.
Other Important Details
- Polyester 33
- Cotton 23%
- Lyocell 15%
- Nylon 13%
- Wool 13%
- Polyurethane 3%
Extra Ankle Support
- Yes! If you are like me, you will want the extra support on the trails. The signature elastic shaping keeps your ankle aligned.
- Another win! I personally like that the sock adds additional support to your arch muscles.
- Kind of weird at first but I think I can get used to the extra guard to prevent fraying while running up and down hills.
- No more blisters? Designed to prevent your socks from sliding around.
In my opinion, a person can never have too many great-quality socks and this is truly a high-quality sock that is worth a try.
The part we’ve all been waiting for… please visit my Instagram page @_kellinickole to enter the giveaway, details are listed there.
As always, hope you enjoyed the review/giveaway and found it to be helpful. For additional details, please visit the Tabio website!
This past year was crazy to say the least. We moved back across the country to California. Cade proposed at the San Francisco Marathon where I also reached my sub 4 hour marathon goal – did I mention it was the best weekend ever? And then we bought our first home in October!
The past year will definitely be a tough one to beat. I was disappointed to be closing out the year with a small injury but I am excited to starting working on reaching my new goals.
- A year without injuries (fingers crossed).
- Run a 3:50 marathon.
- Run a 1:50 half marathon.
- San Jose 408k – March 4th
- Silicon Valley Half Marathon – April 16th
- Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon – May 6th
- Across the Bay 415k – June 10th
- The SF Marathon (or half) – July 29th
- East Bay 510k – September TBD
- Rock n Roll San Jose – October 7th
- California International Marathon – maybe?
*use discount code REPRESENTKH to save on the San Jose 408k, Across the Bay 415k and East Bay 510k, remote options available.
You may recall that last October I had the opportunity to try out some prAna clothes for the first time and I loved them. So naturally, I jumped at the opportunity to try out some items from their new 2017 fall line. (Psst.. don’t forget to check out the discount code at the end!).
First and foremost, for those of you who are not familiar with prAna, here is a link to a quick background about the company. Highly recommend giving it a read!
OUR MISSION IS TO INSPIRE HEALTHY, ACTIVE, AND FREE-SPIRITED LIVING.
I love that prAna designs products that are true to their core values – creating clothes that can be worn for every adventure, every day. I had the amazing opportunity to try out the Sway Tank and the Jenna Pant – both are products that I can see myself wearing for almost every occasion!
Review: LOVE it! It’s casual yet made to be active so I can wear it when grabbing coffee on the weekend or to my upcoming yoga class. The fit is extremely flattering as it fits on the looser end while the attached bra also fit well. One thing to note is that since it has an attached bra, you would definitely want to double check the sizing guide.
Review: Five stars! The last pair of pants that I tried from prAna ran a little big so I learned from my mistakes and I went down a size (and I’m glad I did!). All you need to know about this pant is that it is flattering and super comfortable with a stretch type of fabric.
I honestly loved the products from the Fall 2017 line and would recommend trying them out! You can even use discount code: FAKH15 for 15% off.
What a fun and challenging week to put in the books. My legs are definitely still feeling it this morning. You will notice that I took more rest days but ran more quality runs this week.
Just a picture of part of our Fleet Feet group having fun on the trail this weekend!
Monday – Speed workout, alternating 400s/800s at tempo.
Tuesday – Rest day.
Wednesday – Easy, 7 miler.
Thursday – 2 mile warm up, 4 mile tempo, 1 mile cool down (WOW! That was difficult.)
Friday – Rest day.
Saturday – 14 miles with the crew!
Sunday – 4 miles, easy – just wanted to enjoy the weather.
Oops, a little late this week! Ironically, this week’s focus has been on journaling my runs and really paying attention to effort. If you are not already keeping a journal of your training, I highly recommend it. It is also really fun to see your progress!
Monday – Speed workout with FleetFeet, 5x1000s which came to 6.7 miles.
- Warm up for 10 minutes
- Run your first 1000m at marathon pace.
- Recover for 200m
- Run your second 1000m 5 seconds faster than your first.
- Recover for 200m
- Continue to beat each by 5 seconds, repeat until you’ve done 5.
- Cool down for 10 minutes
Tuesday – 3 miles, easy
Wednesday – 3.8 miles
Thursday – 4 miles, TEMPO!
Friday – rest day
Saturday – 12 miles long run at 8:45 /mile!
Happy New Year! My recap comes a little late this week after hours of holiday traveling but happy to have been able to finish off the year strong!
Monday – Rest day, I needed an extra one this week.
Tuesday – 4.5 miles, 8:53 /mile
Wednesday – 6 miles, 8:45 /mile
Thursday – 6 miles, 8:50 /mile
Friday – Rest day
Saturday – 12 miles long run on the Los Gatos Creek Trail.
Sunday – Rest day
Although I didn’t make 100 miles this month, I was definitely happy to finish off December with 95 miles coming off two injuries!
Rest days are arguably the most important day of the week yet also the day that I dread and hate the most. In my perfect world, I would want to run every day without ever getting injured and without taking a break. I hate the feeling of sitting around with the extra time that I would have spent running and I am sure that some of you feel the same!
Why do we need rest days?
- Joint health – running puts a lot of pressure and impact on joints.
- Muscle fibers – as running breaks down muscle fibers, our bodies need the rest time to improve and strengthen.
- Mentally – sometimes we get caught up in our training and may just need a day off to take a step back.
- Rest days result in performance improvement!
What do I do with my extra time?
- Stretch and yoga are good exercises to do on rest days.
- For stretching, I prefer to use my +addaday massage roller (pictured below). My local Fleet Feet store recommended the +addaday product and it has been one of my favorite purchases – I use it almost every day but especially on rest days!
- Meal prepping is another fun activity for a rest day! Mine usually fall on Sunday so I am able to plan and cook my meals for the week.
What are some of your rest day routines?
Product: HYDRA 16 oz Hydration Belt
Find it here: https://fitletic.com/product/hd008-16oz-hydration-belt/
Let me start by saying that I was not a fan of running belts until I found this one. I tried almost all of the others that you can find in the running stores but nothing worked for me other than my Nathan hydration vest (which I love equally but use for my runs over 15 miles). I use this belt for my mid-distance runs since it holds 16 ounces.
This has become one of my favorite running accessories because it is super comfortable on my runs and easy to travel with.
A few additional call-outs:
- Pouch is large enough to fit smart phones – I have a iPhone 6s and I have room to fit more than my phone in the pouch.
- Silicone grippers keep the belt snug on your hips – no bouncing or riding up!
- The belt holds two 8 oz bottles – very secure!!
- There are two loops to hold gels and bib toggles for race day.