On the plus side, the weather was great so I got outside to shake out my leg muscles a bit. Nothing quite like the green-ness of North Carolina.
Try this protein-packed, light and healthy salad!
Spinach topped with chicken breast, kidney beans, mushrooms and tomato.
I boiled the chicken breast during my Sunday meal prep and shredded it for different meals this week.. So easy!
Then I prepped the kidney beans, mushrooms, tomato and spinach so that everything was ready to be thrown together with some olive oil, salt/pepper and a little paprika.
Love being a part of the #sweatpink community and love these pretty laces!!!! I’ve already sent some out to a few of my running girls, who else wants a pair?!
Guess what day it is?! HUMP day!
And this is what I’m eating for lunch.. kale & avocado topped with an over-easy egg.
#eggporn 🙂 Mid-way through Week 5 of ditching processed foods and I’d say its going pretty well!
A little late for an Easter post but I made these for Easter Sunday and they were a hit! Not to mention so much healthier than mayo-packed deviled eggs.
Usually a pro at egg peeling but I got a little cocky this time. My recipe only used 6 eggs but you can use more or less.
So pretty! I freaking LOVE avocados! 🙂
Take those yolks out and mix them with the avocado.
Then mix in the rest of the ingredients… SO SIMPLE.
6 hard boiled eggs
2 tablespoons relish
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
mustard – to taste
salt & pepper
- Boil the eggs! I like to place the eggs in a room temperature pot, fill it with water to cover the eggs and then bring to a rolling boil at medium/high heat. Once it starts to boil, remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the hot pot for 12 minutes. Seems to work perfectly every time. Then run the eggs under cold water and stick them in the frig – you’ll want to let the eggs cool off before starting this recipe.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl and mix with the avocado. Then mix in the relish, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Use a spoon to add the mixture into the eggs and sprinkle with paprika!
YAY! Got accepted and joined the #sweatpink team today! Stay tuned for some awesome fitness challenges!
These coconut flour pancakes are AMAZING! This recipe has easily become my go-to breakfast on the weekend!
These pancakes are so yummy and can be topped with whatever you want! A few things to note… 1. Make sure to check often because the coconut flour browns easily, 2. They are more difficult to flip than a basic pancake so I kept the size small. Happy eating!!!
1/4 cup of coconut flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp honey
1/2-1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat stove the coconut oil in a skillet. Then whisk the eggs, adding the rest of the ingredients until combined. Mix until smooth.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet (I used less because I had a hard time flipping!). Wait until the bottom browns and the top firms – you will see bubbles 🙂 Then flip for an additional minute and you’re done!
- Happy eating!
Woohoo first day of my blog and already tried a new recipe – Matcha Powder Avocado Smoothie!
I was shopping around Cost Plus World Market the other day and stumbled upon this lovely package of Matcha tea powder. If you’re not eating processed foods like me, don’t worry because the tea powder is the only ingredient! There are other sweetened options that you can buy if you want to go that route as well. Anyway, this smoothie was delicious and super filling.. a must try! Would love to hear other variations!