With my boyfriend being from Hawaii, I am obsessed with acai bowls! It was also the perfect meal after my 10 mile run this morning. 🙂
Here’s what you need:
What You’ll Need
- 1 Sambazon Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Pack – I get mine from Whole Foods
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk – you can use any
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- Top with honey, granola (Mamma Chia granola clusters) and fruit
More information on Mamma Chia can be found here:
What’s for breakfast today?
Amazing Grass Protein Superfood – Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
Last week I tried the protein mixed with unsweetened almond milk so I decided to get creative and make a shake after my gym sesh.
- Amazing Grass Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Ice cubes
It was DELICIOUS – I want to drink this every day. Amazing Grass is the first plant-based protein that I’ve tried (I usually opt for Whey). It still amazes me that you can get 20 grams of protein from pea, quinoa, chia and hemp.
Have you guys tried Amazing Grass or any other plant-based proteins? Take a VERY short survey (I promise) for the chance to win some awesome gift cards!
This week’s meal prep: shrimp, broccoli, sweet potato and onions.
I was feeling pretty lazy so this was pretty quick and easy. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!!
- Shrimp – sautéed with olive oil, garlic and pepper.
- Broccoli – steamed with a pinch of Parmesan cheese.
- Sweet potato – cubed and baked in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Onions – sautéed with olive oil.
I love finding local Farmers Markets – partly for the cheaper produce and partly for the samples! Farmers Markets are pretty awesome if you want to get the best produce without breaking the bank. If you need more persuading to visit a Farmers Market, here are a few more. 🙂
- The food is as fresh as it gets as it comes straight from the farm.
- The food is in-season, which means tastier and more nutritious food for you!
- Support and connect with the local community.
- Better for the environment since growing and transportation methods minimize impact on the Earth!
So many awesome puns with Whey..
When I lived in California, I was a loyal Nutrishop customer and used Vitasport Pro7ein Synthesis for a couple of years. I got so tired of the taste (mixing it with water) that I wouldn’t finish my shakes and eventually I just stopped drinking it.
Recently, my boyfriend restocked our kitchen with a new protein powder – Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. I’m OBSESSED! Probably more because I started mixing it with almond milk, banana and peanut butter… But so AMAZING! Even though I’m going on Week 6 of ditching processed foods, protein and peanut butter are my exceptions (oops).
For those who are not familiar with the product, it is a “muscle building whey protein powder” for those looking for muscle recovery and growth. I definitely encourage everyone to check it out!