I thought my first recipe was good but I’ve tweaked it and it’s so much better!!!
- 1 banana mashed
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 banana (or fruit) for topping
- Maple syrup for topping
Mix the ingredients together and fry in a pan with some coconut oil. It is so good and it holds better than my first recipe.
With my boyfriend being from Hawaii, I am obsessed with acai bowls! It was also the perfect meal after my 10 mile run this morning. 🙂
Here’s what you need:
What You’ll Need
- 1 Sambazon Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Pack – I get mine from Whole Foods
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk – you can use any
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- Top with honey, granola (Mamma Chia granola clusters) and fruit
More information on Mamma Chia can be found here:
What’s for breakfast today?
Amazing Grass Protein Superfood – Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
Last week I tried the protein mixed with unsweetened almond milk so I decided to get creative and make a shake after my gym sesh.
- Amazing Grass Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Ice cubes
It was DELICIOUS – I want to drink this every day. Amazing Grass is the first plant-based protein that I’ve tried (I usually opt for Whey). It still amazes me that you can get 20 grams of protein from pea, quinoa, chia and hemp.
Have you guys tried Amazing Grass or any other plant-based proteins? Take a VERY short survey (I promise) for the chance to win some awesome gift cards!
Ok… I’m a huge fan!!!
These little packs are really convenient and squeeze more nutrients into your day. My favorite thing is that they’re only 70 calories so they are a perfect snack to carry around throughout the day.
There are 6 available flavors:
- Blackberry Bliss
- Wild Raspberry
- Green Magic
- Mango Coconut
- Strawberry Banana
- Cherry Beet
Don’t forget to check out other Mamma Chia products!
I am so excited to be trying all of these Mamma Chia products!!!! I love Mamma Chia because of their dedication to be a true conscious and sustainable company. They donate one percent of sales to support farmers, community groups and organizations that build healthy, local food systems.
Why choose chia? Chia seeds are the richest plant-based source of Omega-3s on the planet. An excellent source of dietary fiber, complete protein and antioxidants, both the Maya and Aztecs held this ancient seed in high esteem for increasing vitality, strength, and overall good health.
Keep an eye out my reviews to come on these products!
- Organic Chia Granola Clusters
- Organic Chia Squeeze
- Organic Chia Vitality Bars
- Organic Chia & Greens beverages
- Organic Chia Seed
Check them out:
So far this has been my go-to breakfast this week on the days that I don’t lift and get my protein smoothie…
Not sure what exactly to call this either – Strawberry PB Banana Chia Seed Smoothie w/ a Matcha booster ?
- Fresh/frozen strawberries – I ended up using about 5 medium sized fresh strawberries and liked it better than using the frozen strawberries pictured above.
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp organic peanut butter
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- Some ice
I’ve been experimenting with the measurements based on taste this week but all of these ingredients blended together make for a pretty awesome breakfast smoothie regardless.
What’s for dinner tonight?
Try this protein-packed, light and healthy salad!
Spinach topped with chicken breast, kidney beans, mushrooms and tomato.
I boiled the chicken breast during my Sunday meal prep and shredded it for different meals this week.. So easy!
Then I prepped the kidney beans, mushrooms, tomato and spinach so that everything was ready to be thrown together with some olive oil, salt/pepper and a little paprika.
I love fruit!!!! I could eat apples and peanut butter all day long.
Happy Thursday, it’s almost Friday!!!!
Guess what day it is?! HUMP day!
And this is what I’m eating for lunch.. kale & avocado topped with an over-easy egg.
#eggporn 🙂 Mid-way through Week 5 of ditching processed foods and I’d say its going pretty well!
A little late for an Easter post but I made these for Easter Sunday and they were a hit! Not to mention so much healthier than mayo-packed deviled eggs.
Usually a pro at egg peeling but I got a little cocky this time. My recipe only used 6 eggs but you can use more or less.
So pretty! I freaking LOVE avocados! 🙂
Take those yolks out and mix them with the avocado.
Then mix in the rest of the ingredients… SO SIMPLE.
6 hard boiled eggs
2 tablespoons relish
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
mustard – to taste
salt & pepper
- Boil the eggs! I like to place the eggs in a room temperature pot, fill it with water to cover the eggs and then bring to a rolling boil at medium/high heat. Once it starts to boil, remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the hot pot for 12 minutes. Seems to work perfectly every time. Then run the eggs under cold water and stick them in the frig – you’ll want to let the eggs cool off before starting this recipe.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl and mix with the avocado. Then mix in the relish, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Use a spoon to add the mixture into the eggs and sprinkle with paprika!