I hate mushy bananas. I actually don’t really love bananas ever.. which is why I always end up with overripe bananas sitting on my counter.
If you’re in the same boat, I definitely recommend trying this recipe out! Disclaimers: (1) I didn’t have a muffin pan so this is actually more like a crumbly bread and (2) It isn’t exactly the healthiest muffin recipe but it isn’t overly sweet either.. sorry but moderation is key. Plus I ran 20 miles so why not.
Banana Cinnamon Muffin/Bread Thing Recipe
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas
Cinnamon topping ingredients
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash all 3 bananas, leave on the side for now.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (do not include the ingredients for the cinnamon topping) in a large bowl – flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the sugar and butter together in a separate bowl. Add in the egg and vanilla, whisk together. Then mix in the mashed bananas.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and scoop into muffin cups or a square baking pan (if you’re like me).
- Moving on to the cinnamon topping. Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Mix in softened butter – the mix will become crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake! (20 ish minutes for muffins, 45-60 minutes for bread)
*I recommend going with muffins over bread for this recipe.. next time!
I haven’t talked about food in awhile so why not start with fried (or “unfried”) chicken!
Borrowed this recipe from the Runner’s World Cookbook so definitely check it out for more great recipes for runners. Disclaimer: we didn’t have all of the ingredients so we improvised a little.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce (we used Texas Pete)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut in half
- 1.5 cups whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder (we used garlic salt)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (we used a little bit of chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl – use to marinade chicken for at least one hour.
- Combine everything else (all the dry ingredients) in a large resealable bag. Shake to blend.
- Use the mixture in the bag to coat each piece of chicken.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet (coat with cooking spray). Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 35-40 minutes.
I was pretty hangry making this recipe but it was pretty easy overall. We ate it with brown rice and asparagus, yum!
I recently had the opportunity to try out the latest product from nuun – nuun vitamins – and I am hooked! Hydration is very important to me, mostly because I hate the feeling of dehydration and the dizziness that comes along with it.
Although I still prefer water as my drink of choice, I realize that it may not have all the benefits that this product brings to the table. I use some of the other nuun products for replenishment after exercise so I love that this product is toned down and designed for everyday use to maintain and improve wellness and hydration. “Electrolytes aren’t just for exercise, nuun vitamins hydrates better than water alone“.
- 11 vitamins & minerals
- 10 calories per drink
- 6 different flavors
- soy, dairy & gluten-free
Check out https://nuunlife.com/ for more info!
Now that all the anniversary and birthday celebrations have passed, I’m ready to get back on track!
Falling off the ‘healthy train’ is the worst and it can happen to the best of us. I can’t wait to start dishing out new recipes again. 🙂
I’ve been eating Mamma Chia Organic Vitality Granola clusters left and right! The clusters come in four amazing flavors and go great with yogurt or even straight of of the bag.
- Honey & Oats
- Cinnamon Pecan
- Vanilla Almond
- Wild Blueberry
I love this product because they offer so many more health benefits than the packaged granola (with tons of added sugar). The clusters are packed with 10 grams of protein and are soy and dairy free.
Check them out here!
I thought my first recipe was good but I’ve tweaked it and it’s so much better!!!
- 1 banana mashed
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 banana (or fruit) for topping
- Maple syrup for topping
Mix the ingredients together and fry in a pan with some coconut oil. It is so good and it holds better than my first recipe.
With my boyfriend being from Hawaii, I am obsessed with acai bowls! It was also the perfect meal after my 10 mile run this morning. 🙂
Here’s what you need:
What You’ll Need
- 1 Sambazon Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Pack – I get mine from Whole Foods
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk – you can use any
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- Top with honey, granola (Mamma Chia granola clusters) and fruit
More information on Mamma Chia can be found here:
What’s for breakfast today?
Amazing Grass Protein Superfood – Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
Last week I tried the protein mixed with unsweetened almond milk so I decided to get creative and make a shake after my gym sesh.
- Amazing Grass Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Ice cubes
It was DELICIOUS – I want to drink this every day. Amazing Grass is the first plant-based protein that I’ve tried (I usually opt for Whey). It still amazes me that you can get 20 grams of protein from pea, quinoa, chia and hemp.
Have you guys tried Amazing Grass or any other plant-based proteins? Take a VERY short survey (I promise) for the chance to win some awesome gift cards!
It’s been an awesome couple of days with some awesome packages of products to try out! Thank you Bob’s Red Mill!
I’ll be following with some recipes and reviews on the new Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powders:
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- Chai Protein Powder
- Protein & Fiber – Unflavored & unsweetened
I love that all of these products are vegan and gluten-free!
Check out this coupon for Bob’s Red Mill!
Ok… I’m a huge fan!!!
These little packs are really convenient and squeeze more nutrients into your day. My favorite thing is that they’re only 70 calories so they are a perfect snack to carry around throughout the day.
There are 6 available flavors:
- Blackberry Bliss
- Wild Raspberry
- Green Magic
- Mango Coconut
- Strawberry Banana
- Cherry Beet
Don’t forget to check out other Mamma Chia products!