I haven’t talked about food in awhile so why not start with fried (or “unfried”) chicken!
Borrowed this recipe from the Runner’s World Cookbook so definitely check it out for more great recipes for runners. Disclaimer: we didn’t have all of the ingredients so we improvised a little.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce (we used Texas Pete)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut in half
- 1.5 cups whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder (we used garlic salt)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (we used a little bit of chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl – use to marinade chicken for at least one hour.
- Combine everything else (all the dry ingredients) in a large resealable bag. Shake to blend.
- Use the mixture in the bag to coat each piece of chicken.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet (coat with cooking spray). Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 35-40 minutes.
I was pretty hangry making this recipe but it was pretty easy overall. We ate it with brown rice and asparagus, yum!